10 Things You Should Never Keep From Your Agentby A. Montalbano on 05/20/18
Even though memory loss may be the #1 reason why some issues don't get reported, it is important to keep your agent abreast of possible issues that may escalate later.
10. Business Coverage: You never admitted a claim within in the past 5 years. When the underwriter discovers it, your coverage is declined.
9. As a homeowners policyholder, your sign a contract of insurance coverage. You are held responsible to keep your property in good condition and report any updates. One day you completed a remodel project and added 2000 square feet to your home. A year later, a fire damages the majority of the house. Since you never reported the addition, the adjuster only allows for the previous square feet.
8. After 2 non-weather related claims within a 5 year period, your homeowners carrier has canceled your insurance coverage.
7. Rushing the agent for coverage.
6. Hidden factors such as current knowledge of a possible claim.
5. Starting a homeowners policy and then changing your primary resident to rental property but never informing your agent of the change.
4. Moving your insurance coverage over to another agent because you "didn't get along with the previous one".
3. Obtaining quotes with other agencies without giving your current the opportunity.
2. Recklessness. Reckless habits means recklessness in everything.
1. A genuine relationship...